Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Love When Things Come Together

As many of you have read, I am a big supporter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and its Team in Training Program. On Friday, June 5 from 6 to 9 p.m., Team in Training is having an art auction in connection with the South End Gallery Crawl. (Don't forget, Pantone 278's next show is one night only--Thursday, June 4).

Team in Training's Art Auction will be held at Common Market South End, right across the street from the Charlotte Trolley Museum. There will be music and art donated by local artists, including a painting by my next artist, Carmell Jarvi. Her work, entitled Whitewater, is a framed pastel on paper. Based on the Gihon River in Vermont, Whitewater was inspired by Carmella's 2006 residency at Vermont Studio Center. This is a beautiful work of art, so don't miss out!

Please come out and support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Reminder: Gallery Pantone will only be open on Thursday, June 4 from 6 to 9 p.m. Carmella's works will be available for viewing online and in my home following the show.

1 comment:

  1. I found you through Andrea Feay. How can I get onto your contact list? My studio is Art In The Dairy, but we are Dilworth Neighbors, and you may have seen our glass or metal art demonstrations during the last several years of Dilworth Jubiees. Further, two of my favorite museums are the Tate in London, and the Whitney in New York. I'm looking forward to any exhibit you curate. See you Friday.

    ReplyDelete