Saturday, April 18, 2009

Big News and Getting Involved

Design Work from Pure

Last week, at the suggestion of my good friend Patricia Zoder, I applied for a free week of work offered to the non-profit community by Pure (http://www.purecreative.com/). Believe it or not, they actually found my collaboration with the Charlotte Trolley to be a worthwhile project. So, this week I'll be meeting with Pure to talk about marketing design work for the Gallery. This is very exciting, as anyone that is familiar with my creative abilities knows that there is plenty of room for improvement.

My Heartfelt Thanks

From congratulatory emails to offers to forward the information to friends to help with the design of my invitation (Susan, I can't thank you enough) to making contacts with the media to offering to bring food for the opening, my friends have shown amazing support for Pantone 278, and I could not be more thankful. I am encouraged by the interest so many people have taken in the Gallery, and I can't wait to share this experience with you all.

How You Can Help

Many of you have asked what you can do to help. Since you asked, here are a few suggestions:

The opening is less than 2 weeks away now, and I can't wait. It's been a great ride already. Thanks again for your interest, your support and for just taking the time to read my often senseless ramblings.

2 comments:

  1. Could you make the opening info easy to find, especially for those who don't use Facebook? Thanks. Looking forward to attending if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The public opening will be on May 1, 2009 from 5 to 10 at the Charlotte Trolley Powerhouse Museum, located at 1507 Camden Road, next to the Charlotte Art League. Parking is available on the surrounding streets and in the parking lot next to Amos' South End.

    ReplyDelete